UNIVERSITY OF EXTREMADURA – ACTIVITIES AND CAPACITIES
Support Service to the Entrepreneurial Initiative of the University of Extremadura, coordinates and shows the entrepreneurship developed in the UEx, your talent; supporting your initiatives from the conception to its start up and development.
Collaborative working space, pre-accelerator:
- Summer Camp assitance
- Training for the development of business projects
- Innovative methodology
- Obtaining a prototype; business model definition and work plan setting
- Technology based innovative enterprise
- Business models design
- Marketing and business channels
- Products development
- Legal and Financial aspects
- Measurements and preparation to investment
Collaborative working space, incubation:
- Sapiem spaces
- From the idea to the Project development and the start up of the initiative
- Specialized accompany
- Development of the Personalized Work Plan
- Stay in a space revisable every 4 months
- Sharing experiences and establishing sinergies
- Interconnection with the innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem
Access to the online platform Telefónica Open Future
Working directly in the territory by supporting the Extremadura Science, Technology and Innovation System, with a focus to the new tendencies and strategies that are being developed in Europe.
To achieve that, we offer the following services addressed to the Innovation System, the enterprises in the Park and the entrepreneurs:
- Innovation System
- Advising in R&D&i projects
- Diagnosis / tecnology audits
- Technology transfer
- Technology offer/demand matching system
- Partners search for R&D&i projects
- Innovation Meetings
- Investment Fora
- Innovators Social Network
- Agents virtual catalog
- International Cooperation
- Special Access to specific training
- Special Access to infrastructures
- Services of the innovation and Park circles
- Reception and inclusión of enterprises
- Advising in new enterprises’ creation
- (idea – team – business model – project – enterprise)
- Entrepreneur profile development
- Specific training for innovation enterprises
- Support and advising to enterprises for their business expansion, as for the development of new business lines
- Promotion of the enterprises offer
- Entrepreneurial meetings for commercialization, strategic alliances, internationalization and funding
- Acceleration of innovation enterprises
- HR: employment lists, training and support in high skilled teams management
Servicio de Gestión y Transferencia de Resultados de la Investigación (SGTRI)
The Research Results Management and Transfer Service (SGTRI) is a service for the management of the research activity and the administration of funds from the University, following the defined policy in the area by the related government bodies.
The functions of the SGTRI, as established in the UEx Statutes, among others, are the following:
- Identify and disseminate the scientific and technic offer of the University.
- Setting, facilitating and developing the relation between the University and any other scientific-technical research applicant or promoter, either public or private.
- Facilitating and managing the scientific-technical research results, by hiring on behalf of the University, the necessary works and resolving any administrative requirement on behalf of the researchers.
- Agreement, contracts and research projects management.
- Establishing and managing the researchers, research and researchers groups’ data base of the University.
- Informing the researchers and research groups about the public calls for projects, grants, infrastructures funding and any other of their interest.
- Managing the industrial property rights from the research results developed by the University.
Santander YUZZ is a programme which offers advice, coworking spaces and training to Young enterpreneurs who want to develope an innovative idea.
YUZZ Badajoz center (University of Extremadura) is located in the Edificio de Usos multiples, in the middle of Badajoz campus. The building also has cafeteria, dining hall and is close to the Central Library.
Just few meters away, there are different business incubators, research centers and the headquarter of INDRA in Badajoz. This generates an entrepreneurial ecosystem inside the campus, where are held a great amount of scientific and business dissemination events.
Campus Emprende is a programme of the DG Business and Competitiveness of the Regional Government of Extremadura, managed through Extremadura Avante Servicios Avanzados a Pymes and co-finance by the European Social Fund.
Campus Emprende aims to promote the entrepreneurial spirit from the University and facilitate the enterprise creation through the support to these initiatives from the very beginning, working with graduates from the last 5 years, who are considering the option of undertaking, turning their end-of-grade project into a company.
The entrepreneurship programme Samara Emprende was created with the support of the Caja Extremadura Foundation, with the aim to promote the entrepreneurial culture in Extremadura and facilitate tools to young people for their professional and personal development from the point of an entrepreneurial mentality.
Emprendedorext offers the possibility of a free training in business creation and other areas related to entrepreneurship and self-employment. Different training actions are combined with other activities, in which the participants will be put in an entrepreneur’s shoes, such as, business project simulation, known as Competext. Other advantage is that participants can learn from the advice of entrepreneurs and business men of the region, who were able to succeed with their own business idea.
The Family Business Chair of the University of Extremadura was created in November 2005 and nowadays is developed under the collaborative framework among the University of Extremadura, Caja de Badajoz Foundation (Sponsor), Regional Family Business Association of Extremadura and the Family Business Institute.
The activities are mainly focused in the different areas: research, training and national and international collaborative networks.
Eighteen research teams study the national entrepreneur phenomena.
The GEM objective is to measure the entrepreneurial activity, the attitude and aspirations of the individuals. Throughout surveys, it generates data to obtain the indicators that describe the entrepreneurial process and with them elaborates the annual reports.
- Research Institute Building (Badajoz y Cáceres)
- Scientific and Technology Park of Extremadura (Badajoz y Cáceres)
- Tajo Building
- Guadiana Building
- OFFICIAL PROGRAMES:
- DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
- UNIVERSITY MASTER IN ENTERPRISE CREATION AND INNOVATION
- UNIVERSITY MASTER IN TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION MANAGEMENT
- COURSE IN INNOVATION MANAGEMENT IN THE ENTERPRISE
- EMPRENDEDOREXT 2017 COURSES. IN THIS 5TH EDITION, EMPRENDEDOREXT OFFERS 13 FREE TRAINING ACTIONS:
- Business creation I (Cáceres y Badajoz)
- Business creation II (Cáceres y Badajoz)
- Competext I (Badajoz y Cáceres)
- Competext II (Badajoz y Cáceres)
- Entrepreneurial leadership
- Online business creation, Social Networks and Digital Marketing
- Funding search for entrepreneurs
- New models and international markets management
- Supervised Business Plan (End-of-grade Project for University Expert Course)