ACTIVITIES & CAPACITIES
As a university sector college Incubation’s aim is to support and nurture young talented enterprising Ravensbourne graduates in Digital Media to develop innovative, digital and creative ideas to commercialisation.
Incubation’s ethos is to encourage collaboration and cooperation to enable skilled enterprising graduates to evolve in an affordable shared space, to develop multidisciplinary collaborative teams and to make wider contribution in the creative sector as leaders.
Our focused values are to support young talents to access specialised laboratory cutting edge facilities and business support to realise the dreams of students with enterprise skills set.
Graduates and companies from diverse community and backgrounds are welcome to create a mix of early stage Start-Up and established companies, to ensure collaboration, and to explore opportunities to be able to engage with large commercial projects.
Incubation creates a conducive environment in order to provide the best opportunities to the young talented enterprising students and local companies to make their mark and lead in the fast moving competitive Digital Media and Creative industry.
Incubation programme and activities
Business support & Incubation offering
- Specialist business advice
- 1-2-1 Business Support are provided to ensure company meet their goals
- Customised & Adhoc Support
- Guidance for access to funding is provided to support the company development and growth
- Referral to other specialized organizations experts’ e.g. legal, finance etc.
- Introduction to other sector specific agencies for additional support
Office space & facilities
- Hot desking in an award winning iconic building
- Access to latest creative media software and hardware and cutting edge facilities
- Well-equipped meeting rooms
- A collaborative and integrated community all under one roof
- Access to a pool of skilled, bright and talented students
- Academic expertise and cutting edge innovative equipment
- Bimonthly meetings to update on new areas of development
- Monthly networking evenings
- Access to industry led events
Collaborate with us on a wide range of industry projects.
Working with Ravensbourne offers invaluable benefits for your business by:
- Working with our brightest and best talent on a wide range of student briefs. You set a challenge for our students to solve in new and innovative ways.
- Getting to know potential new recruits before they graduate through internships, work placements and student briefs, or at our events.
- Providing a venue with the wow factor for your events. Our unique and flexible space are perfect for conferences, festivals, receptions, location shoots and beyond!
- Raising your profile at our highly acclaimed industry events. Get involved through speaking, sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
- Taking advantage of our tailor-made training service. You tell us your skills needs, we develop courses specifically designed for you and your staff.
- Connecting with our Incubation start-ups for creative collaborations.
Award-winning architecture, excellent transport links and a dedicated events team. If you’re looking for a venue to hire, we’ve got it all.
From celebrations to conferences, seminars to showcases, we offer versatile, flexible spaces with state-of-the-art facilities for all kinds of events.
Need help planning or managing your event? We’re here. Want us to sort out catering? Done. You’ll get our specialist technical support, and we can even film and produce your event for you.
Our spectacular building is well-connected, and easy to get to from within and outside London. If you’re driving, you can park just a few paces from the building.
Mozilla, Google, YouTube and Disney have all created unique events here.
Our Research Office works closely with staff and students to develop and promote exciting new research projects across the college. We have strong links with other institutions and industry partners in the UK and across the globe.
Our strategic priorities include:
- Growing Ravensbourne’s research culture
- Encouraging creative interdisciplinary activity
- Merging theory and practice-based research
- Working with technology and culture
Particular areas of innovation include:
- Augmented and Virtual Reality for learning
- Smart Cities and urban design
- New filming and narrative technologies
- Wearable technology
- Novel materials and production techniques
The research office is actively developing the research environment at Ravensbourne in preparation for university status and submission to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) of 2020. We support and coordinate research projects from our academic staff and also mentor them in the ways and means of creating successful funding bids with strong outcomes and impact.
The research office staff is also engaged in our own research and we develop this in parallel to our other activities. We are keen to continue nurturing research-curious staff and broadening the scope of research, teaching and learning for staff and students. The Research Office engages with external organisations including other research partners, international institutions, local and national agencies and our colleagues in numerous universities. In pursuit of this we have hosted public-facing events including a successful VR conference, Creative Tech Week, the Lumen Prize and Ravensbourne Lates; and participated in events with external organisations.
Ravensbourne currently hosts a wide range of Research Projects, from the multi-partner European Horizon 2020 project WEKIT to internally funded small grants for staff.
All of them arise from our collaborative ethos and the many interests of our colleagues, who are working in varied areas across design, communication and digital creativity.
On these pages we are showcasing both current and historic projects that demonstrate our work.