European University of Tirana (UET) is a leading higher education institution in Albania, established in full compliance with the requirements and criteria of the Bologna Charter, including study programmes in the three levels of higher education: BA; MA and Doctorates (PhD). UET engages in high quality teaching and research as well as exchange programmes and capacity building projects and joint initiatives with local and international partners in the following major disciplines: law, social sciences, political sciences and economy and information technology. The vision of UET is to be a leading university in the development of knowledge in the Albanian society; a center of excellence in the academic formation of our students; a center of expertise in the social, political, legal, economic and information technology studies in the country with a wider impact in the region and beyond; as well as a center of excellence in scientific research according to the areas of expertise within the university.
UET is particularly interested in the link between study programmes, research and labour market as well as the community. As such, UET has established the Labour Market Boards per each Department which are composed of highly qualified professionals from the governmental sector, private enterprises and businesses; CSOs, HEIs etc. The purpose of the board is to provide feedback and insights in regards to the needs/demands of the labour market so as UET can link education, research and study programmes with the labour market and needs of the society.
Activities of UET in the context of entrepreneurship
UET engages in bridging the academia and the market by enhancing entrepreuneurial skills of the students.
Some of the success stories are:
- The project Handmade Albania by a team of young technology-savvy people committed to social innovation and entrepreneurship is awarded First Prize in the Albanian National Business Plan Competition – OECD Investment Compact for South East Europe, METE, AIDA, with the support of the European Union. http://uet.edu.al/index.php/en/news/158-
- European University of Tirana is organizing several activities which are related to entrepreneurship topics, such as the competition ‘Young Women and entrepreneurship’ for students in UET and beyond. http://uet.edu.al/index.php/en/news/896-
- Creative and Innovative Student Entrepreneurship http://uet.edu.al/index.php/en/news/959-
- The annual scientific conference organized by UET ‘Albanian Study Days’ promotes ‘Entrepreneurship & Management’ as one of its main research pillars. http://uet.edu.al/index.php/en/news/474-
- Women Entrepreneurship Day, with the aim at enhancing young women and students to participate more in this matter http://uet.edu.al/index.php/en/internationalisation/international-relations
UET’s most successful story in this regard is Triple Helix Model project, which shall establish basis of an Incubator, one of the firsts in the country.